Dani Alor is a Syrian countertenor. He was born in 1993 in Damascus. Dani finished his high school in 2011, and later studied French literature at Damascus University.
He started singing in the several Syrian churches as a child. Later on he began his opera singing studies at the Damascus Conservatory in Syria. Dani’s voice “countertenor” is considered among one of the rarest male voices in the opera world, as it lies between the female “Counter-alto” and the male “tenor”. In addition, Dani plays several instruments such as the violin and the piano.
In early 2015, Dani moved to Berlin, Germany. During his first months of residence, he has took lessons under the guidance of mezzo-soprano Corinna Pregla at the Hanns-Eisler Music Academy. After quickly learning the German language, he became involved in the interface between music/culture and social work in relation to refugees community. Thus, he founded “Hope Choir”. The goal of the choir was to perform Arabic, especially Syrian musical culture along with German songs.
In 2019, Dani began to study music education and mediation in Potsdam, where he worked part time as a music teacher in Cansuis Kollege in Berlin.
Solo concerts (selection)
– A concert at the Berliner Ensemble.
– A concert at Christmas in the Sophienkirche for the benefit of the Schwarzkopf Foundation.
– A concert at Christmas in St. Mark’s Church in Munich, where he sang Bach Magnificat.
– Television appearance on MDR in Chemnitz in the presence of the “countertenor” Jochen Kowalski.
– A concert at the State Opera in Berlin with the conductor Daniel Barenboim, where he sang “o mio babbino caro” from the opera Gianni schicchi by Puccini.
– A concert in aid of the Allianz Foundation in Berlin.
– Several concerts in Schwerin, Dresden and Pößneck in favor of Securitas.
– Solo concert in the Martin Luther Church in Berlin where he sang Arabic classical songs. Together with the hope choir ( selection)
– On the international day of music Fête de la Musique in the Martin Luther Church in Berlin.
– A concert on the stage of the Hans Otto Theater in Potsdam.
– A concert in JFE OC23 Weißensee.
– A concert at Christmas in Nazareth Church.